Welcome to the Official Photography Portfolio App of master photographer LEO FUCHS.
“A perfect Coffee Table App”
Here you will find rare photographs taken during the Golden Age of Hollywood. This App is a wonderful companion to the LEO FUCHS: Special Photographer book published by powerHouse Books and available on Amazon.com
Leo Fuchs is a Hollywood veteran who shot some of the most moving and memorable images of 50s and 60s film icons ever made. Fuchs’ introduction to moviemaking came as one of the world’s leading “special photographers” on movie sets in Europe and North America. Starting as a freelance magazine photographer, he was one of the rare outsiders invited onto movie sets, where he often developed life–long relationships with the actors and filmmakers and captured candid shots both during shooting and after hours while socializing with the stars. With the support of his dear friend Cary Grant, Fuchs left photography behind in 1964 and spent the next 20 years as a motion picture producer. These intimate photographs from Hollywood’s undisputed heyday remained unseen until they were recently uncovered after 30 years in storage.
Leo Fuchs was born in Vienna to a family of pastry chefs in 1929 and moved to New York with his family at the age of ten. He sold his first picture (of Eleanor Roosevelt) for five dollars when he was barely a teenager, then quit school at 14 to apprentice at Globe Photos in New York. He struck out on his own two years later, working in Broadway nightclubs and as a glamour photographer for newspapers and magazines.
This App will allow you to perform the following functions in experiencing the Artist’s Work:
- Review the Artist’s work in several Series, including all relevant documentation about the piece and the series
- Review the Artist’s most recent work
- Detailed View Mode or Fullscreen Mode
- Instant Slideshow reviewing the Artist’s leading work or the images which you’ve tagged as a Favorite
- Start slideshows of all series of the Artist’s work
- Flip through images of the Work either through a navigation bar or through multitouch
- Mark individual images as Favorites
- Gather together in My Favorites all your preferred images of the Artist’s work which are so marked
- Review all the contact information for the Artist and save contact details to your Address Book
- Social Sharing Functions: LIKE Artist on Facebook
- Email friends and colleagues images of the work you want to share
- Read about the Artist, their life and their work
This App allows you to:
- Keep in touch with the work of your favorite Artists
- Show your friends the work of your favorite artists
- Receive updates from the artist through the News feature and routine updates of the App, with new work and updates
- Carry the full portfolio of a Technician or Designer when evaluating providers for projects
- Turn the beautifully designed iPhone® and iPad® into balanced a work of Art through the display of the Artist’s work
This Portfolio Gallery App universally installs on each of the iPhone®, iPod Touch® and iPad®, taking full advantage of each device’s screen resolution and feature set.